Essential Vietnam & Cambodia from G Adventures is a tour that allows you to tick a lot of Items of your travel bucket list; Halong Bay, Killing Fields & S21 Prison and the amazing Angkor Wat temple complex.
The Accommodation was good throughout the trip and a lot of Activities were included as part of the package:
- Halong Bay boat cruise with seafood lunch and dinner along with cave entrance
- Imperial Citadel and Tomb entrance (Hue)
- Noodle making demonstration and lunch at Oodles of Noodles, a G Adventures-supported project (Hoi An)
- Cu Chi Tunnels entrance and tour (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Mekong Delta day trip
- Cyclo tour (Phnom Penh)
- Tuol Sleng and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) entrance and guide
- Angkor Wat complex entry and guide, including sunrise tour (Siem Reap)
- Local Khmer dinner in nearby village either at the G Adventures-supported New Hope project or with a local family (depends on departure)
Our guide, a Cambodian national, was very knowledgeable and passionate about his country and the issues and problems the region currently faces.
Food and drink on the tour was varied and good, restaurant recommendations and group meals were pretty good quality.
We especially enjoyed the overnight on the Junk Boat in Halong Bay, this was a little piece of unexpected luxury on the tour, great cabins, amazing scenery and a seeming unlimited and endless amount of food served at meal times.
Transportation is mostly by private minivan.